Friday, April 27, 2012

Springtime in Montana and a Cross-over Pizza

A few weeks ago in search of inspiration for nourishing and delicious meals, I found Eat, Live, Run, a tempting website run by a classically trained chef who occasionally gets her blog streamed in the NPR.org Facebook feed. There I discovered some amazing ideas, like tonight's dinner:



I love pizza, so do my kids and I have created and happened across a dozen recipes, all unique and tasty and reasons to NEVER order from the pizza man again. This version I planned for back when it was 90 degrees earlier this week, and then today ended up being 44 and rainy. Springtime in Montana is a precarious time culinarily. Its to early to plant much but too late for many storage vegetables, like squashes and potatoes to still be edible. This pizza is a great cross between the old and the new, incorporating butternut squash (a storage vegetable) and arugula (a Spring green.)  It was light, but satisfying, crisp and crunchy.




No comments:

Post a Comment