Thursday, August 23, 2012

Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread for Three Boys and a Pregnant Friend

I Love Chocolate and as I remember, so Do Pregnant Ladies

Ah zucchini, you go in everything!



Prepare yourself for a bit of a hippie soliloquy here: Hy heart chakra has been a bit blocked lately. I am not as free giving with my time, talents, and blessings as I could be and so am trying to remedy this, and quickly. If your chakras are out of balance, you can feel it, and I can feel it. Doing yoga, wearing necklaces and the color green, and giving freely are ways to ground yourself. Today, I am trying to ground myself through giving, or preparing to do it.

I have about two dozen pregnant women in my life right now, and for the first time in my life, I am not one of them. I loved being pregnant. I did it well. I loved every moment of it, and part of me thinks we could totally have a fourth. Reality dictates, however, that three is our limit, and I love my boys dearly. I will, therefor, get my pregnant and baby highs off my friends, and the next one due is my fabulous yoga instructor Nicky. Nicky, mind you, has been doing hot yoga every week she's been pregnant, and still kicks everyone's but. Nicky, if you read this, when baby Charlotte Shanti comes, I'm bringing her a present!

Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread

Ingredients: * Means its local

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, this makes two loaves

2 cups whole wheat flour *
1 cup all purpose white *
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon cloves
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 cup golden flax seed *

2 eggs * 
2 cups sugar
2 cups shredded zucchini *
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 container chocolate frosting
1/2 cup milk *

Mix dry ingredients (top list) in a large bowl. Mix wet ingredients (bottom list) in a medium sized bowl. Add wet to dry, mix until combined, and bake in two greased loaf pans for 50 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.

I think it might be good with butter :)

1 teaspoon salt

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment