Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Years ago I sat with my one year old and then only child on the carpet of my living room, with a Blues blues DVD on our very small television, rapidly spooning Gerber Microwave soup-like item into his little mouth. After I put him to bed, I ordered myself a pizza and bread sticks and it showed up magically to my big brown front door.

I weighed 215 pounds (I'm 5 foot, 2 inches tall) and was always tired, always grumpy, and somehow spending terrible amounts of money on food although there were only three of us in the house. 

Two years later, as an experiment for Lent, we decided to eat organically for 40 days. It was delicious. The habit stuck and I no longer needed to have minor panic attacks when walking into the ultra bright Wal-Mart.

Now, I'm 100 pounds lighter, 100 times happier and have boundless energy (most days) for my three boys, ages 6, 4, and 20 months.

I cook organic and want to share my recipes with you. I insist it is possible while working 40 plus hours a week, feeding young and sometimes picky eaters, and shopping for five mouths. It is possible when you don't make as much as you would like (I'm a counselor at a treatment center, my husband works in retail.)



1 comment:

  1. Go Mama! Good healthy food both prevents and cures many of today's ills. I'll be waiting to read more.

    ReplyDelete