Saturday, November 17, 2012

Forget Costco! Birthday Cupcakes from the HOME Kitchen

Honestly Easy Birthday Cupcakes: 

Pistachio Pudding Cakes and Strawberry Cupcakes

Sweet strawberry cupcakes that put Costco to shame-and yes, this picture is of the cupcakes I baked :)
I PASSIONATELY DISLIKE COSTCO CUPCAKES. There are those that enjoy the refined sugar high and following crash, but I do not, and neither do the lower intestines of my children. 

Today is an early birthday party for our almost 5 year old's, and while I conceded the location (I would rather be at a museum, but alas we are headed to a bounce house collection) I would not concede the treats. 

Thanks to one of my favorite websites, Eat, Live, Run, I found two sweet recipes for the crown of adult friends, family, and preschoolers that we'll be seeing very soon.

These cupcakes were very inexpensive too, if you keep standard baking supplies in your pantry its pretty simple.

Mmmmmmm, PISTACHIOS!
The first recipe is for our first grader, and the adults that will be in tow. Its a little more grownup, but for those that like pistachios, its delectable. This recipe is not mine, but now that I have the basics, I'll be expanding into several different versions!


The cupcakes in this recipe (follow the link) are only three ingredients!

For strawberry lovers, only!


This second recipe is our preschoolers request. He ADORES strawberries and wanted some cupcakes desperately that reflected his love. So yes, I made my 5 year old BOY pink cupcakes, but its exactly what he wanted, and they are fabulous, so who can complain!? 

Make sure to use organic strawberries. Although they are not in season in Montana (its November) its a pretty good assumption that non organic berries are covered in pesticides, even after being rinsed, and I think organic just tastes better!

No comments:

Post a Comment